Has Anyone Attempted To Breed Rhom's In Captivity? - Piranha-Fury Forums

Piranha-Fury Forums: Has Anyone Attempted To Breed Rhom's In Captivity? - Piranha-Fury Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has Anyone Attempted To Breed Rhom's In Captivity?

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:14 PM (#1) Guest_mynamesjeeeff_*

• Group: Guests

I used to be active on the boards under another name, which I can't figure the pw out. But it's been a good 7 years and I'm wondering if since then if there's been any progress with getting rhom's to breed?

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

• Piranha-Fury.com

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:26 PM (#2) User is offline   Ęgir 

• View gallery
  • Group: Senior Member

Not unless you have an olympic pool sized tank and lots of money to keep replacing fish...

PM me with your email address and the old name, I will have the PW reset for you.
Posted Image

His hall is a place of sanctuary lit with bright gold, and where the beer pours itself.

Posted Image

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:32 AM (#3) User is offline   Sanchezi 

• Infatuated
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Keeping Piranha fish since 1979, Reading, Hiking, exercising and spending time with my family
  • Current Piranhas: 1 Serrasalmus rhombeus

Like what was already said...i have been searching this forever and still there is no success -- my thoughts are you will need a very large pond/pool with about a dozen young rhombeus and have them mature in that setup -- and pair off naturally -- i think is the only most probable way...if there is a way at all in captivity.
Be respectful, as we are all in this together.

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:35 PM (#4) User is offline   Ęgir 

• View gallery
  • Group: Senior Member

I think it happened once in a zoo, and once in a home with an eggcrate divider... but I am not positive and cant recall where I saw that.

As for keeping young rhoms together, I tried it in divided tanks and they will stop at nothing to find and kill the others. Even going as far as jumping over or digging under.
Posted Image

His hall is a place of sanctuary lit with bright gold, and where the beer pours itself.

Posted Image

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:08 PM (#5) User is offline   Sanchezi 

• Infatuated
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Keeping Piranha fish since 1979, Reading, Hiking, exercising and spending time with my family
  • Current Piranhas: 1 Serrasalmus rhombeus

Yes -- those ended up being Sanchezi piranha --- and for the young rhoms together -- if they are in a pool and or pond you may have some slight success....so in other words -- forget about it and leave breeding rhoms for the Amazon.
Be respectful, as we are all in this together.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language