Co2 System - Piranha-Fury Forums

Piranha-Fury Forums: Co2 System - Piranha-Fury Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Co2 System I purchased a diy co2 kit and its fantastic!

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:08 PM (#1) User is offline   Steven M 

• Interested
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Current Piranhas: 1 Red Belly

I recently purchased a DIY co2 kit on amazon (also available on ebay) and I think its absolutely fantastic!

Here's a link to purchase: http://www.amazon.co...eywords=Diy+co2

Its very easy, no mess, no smell, no mixing and you CAN shut it off at night!

Here's a video of the same product on youtube: https://www.youtube....h?v=1JzvfHO31Ug

It uses baking soda and citric acid but I used baking soda and vinegar. There was similar results but the vinegar and baking soda don't last as long. It comes with one needle valve But I purchased a 1/4" ball valve at my local appliance store for around 3 dollars. Using the supplied needle valve to control the flow and the second ball valve so that I could shut it off at night. I made my own co2 reactor with pvc and bio balls and placed it after my sump pump. You can shut this off without the risk of blowing up as it 'calls' for vinegar using vacuum and pressure. I think its a great item and is far more efficient and cost effective as 2 cups of vinegar and a box of baking soda will last me over a month! It also doesn't leak at all!

All in 25 dollars after tax: my drop checker was 5 bucks, found a 12 dollar co2 kit on amazon, I made my own bubble counter out of a small gatorade bottle and thread/barb fittings for 2 dollars and my second valve was about 3 dollars.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Steven M: 07 November 2015 - 12:09 PM

1- Red Belly
many crappies (breading for feeders)
1- Reticulated python

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

• Piranha-Fury.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic