Piranha-Fury Forums: 30 Breeder Stock List - Piranha-Fury Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

30 Breeder Stock List any ideas? Rate Topic: -----

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:13 AM (#1) User is offline   p787 

• Interested
  • Group: Junior Members

Hey guys, haven't had a nice running tank in a while and I'm looking to get back in the game. I have a 30 gallon breeder sitting around and I figure that is as good a place as ever to start! Does anyone have any good stocking ideas? I was thinking maybe a few exodons and a pleco or two. Or maybe a couple of rainbow snakeheads. What do you guys think/suggest?

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

• Piranha-Fury.com

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:04 PM (#2) User is offline   scent troll 

• CPUSA
  • Group: Banned

a small shoal of exodons would work. i wouldnt recommend a pleco with them though. you might wanna look into something smaller if you want a community tank. 30 gallons isnt a whole lot to play with. you could raise a single jack, or go with a brackish tank with puffers...maybe switch it up with silver dollars and a clown pleco or firemouths and a few cory cats. ...you see where this is going. you're limited by size but the options are endless.
personally what i would do with a 30 is what i am doing with a 30. raise a single jack. but it really depends on what you want. just browse around a pet shop, do some homework and start making your list of fish you want.
let me know what you decide
Pfury changes forever 7/8/16
#revolution

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:04 PM (#3) User is offline   p787 

• Interested
  • Group: Junior Members

I see where your going. Thinking back on it the last time I had exodons I tired adding a pleco and that didnt go to well :( Tank is set up and going to the LFS today to get some cyclers. Thinking about ultimately going with the rainbow snakeheads, great looking fish with alot of personality. Maybe a red wolf fish if I can get my hands on one. Brackish would have been interesting too but i guess theirs always next time. The great thing about the 30 breeder is the large surface area allows for greater gas exchange, so even if it's not that big I incurred that benefit. Will post pics once everything is said and done with!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:54 PM (#4) User is offline   Ęgir 

• View gallery
  • Group: Senior Member

Hope you have another huge tank for the snakeheads... a 30 breeder will hardly last a few months.

Yes, they only grow to 8-10 inches, but... swimming room is important.
Posted Image

His hall is a place of sanctuary lit with bright gold, and where the beer pours itself.

Posted Image

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:26 AM (#5) User is offline   scent troll 

• CPUSA
  • Group: Banned

cant wait for the pics :rockon:

i only have a standard 30. not the best tank for a lotta fish but im fortunate to have a love for smaller cichlids. i have a nice 6 inch jack dempsey in there.
anyways, yeah post em up here when you snap em. ttyl
Pfury changes forever 7/8/16
#revolution

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language