Piranhas Forum banner

About To Be 1Yo Red Belly

4K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  Wide_Eyed_Wanderer 
#1 ·
i had him for almost a year in May... i got him when he was a baby.... with 12 others... lol... he got 8 of them eaten 1 at a time... as he/she was always the biggest one... but i would like to buy a female of the same age or buy a male and a female from someone that knows their genders for sure...

FeedBack....
Fin Fish Artificial fly Fishing lure Fish hook

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
sh*t.... he's fast as hell and he doesnt like attention.. so he hides in his cave that i made up for him... when he was smaller... he's starting to out grow it but he still goes into and under it to hide or sleep when me or people are in my living room... lol... i'll try to post a vid...

G
#10 ·
Ahhh there he is
Definitely doesnt like being watched huh? I would go out and purchase 2 more of the same size. These fish are use to hanging out in groups so yours will probably feel better with some tank mates. Also, you could put a bunch of fake plants in your tank since its pretty bare right now. Might make him feel a little more comfortable

#11 ·
word thanx... i will do that and add some plants.... but on purchasing like 2 more... i want to be sure of the gender of the 2 that i buy... i want them to be 1 male and 1 female... being that i dont know what the one i have now is??? can u or do u know anybody that can help on that????

G
#16 ·
Just ignore Danny Tanner
Some times he forgets his manners.

I noticed your substrate is made up of rather larger rocks. Personally I would get rid of those as they tend to trap food debris and can throw your water parameters out of wack. Instead you can use playsand from Home depot or you can buy small aquarium gravel. If using the playsand make sure you rinse it thoroughly until the water runs clear.

I loo forward to seeing what you do to the tank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.