Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assasin Snails Rate Topic: -----

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:19 PM (#1) User is offline   addicted216 

• Captivated
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:piranha, sports, my children
  • Current Piranhas: 7inch compressus, 8inch elong, 5inch muda, 7inch manny,,6inch bluediamondrohm,2inchsanchisi 8inchsabortoothpayaya

does anybody know anything about these snails? i was thinking about getting a few, do they eat the plants? please let me know thanks

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

• Piranha-Fury.com

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:15 AM (#2) Guest_ksls_*

• Group: Guests

Assasins are a great addition to a planted tank. As their name implies, they will kill any other snail that may be in the tank, plus they eat the dead debris from your plants. This snail likes to burrow in your substrate and will clean up any meaty left overs that you fish leave behind.

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:20 PM (#3) User is offline   addicted216 

• Captivated
  • Interests:piranha, sports, my children
  • Current Piranhas: 7inch compressus, 8inch elong, 5inch muda, 7inch manny,,6inch bluediamondrohm,2inchsanchisi 8inchsabortoothpayaya

View Postksls, on 16 October 2011 - 09:15 AM, said:

Assasins are a great addition to a planted tank. As their name implies, they will kill any other snail that may be in the tank, plus they eat the dead debris from your plants. This snail likes to burrow in your substrate and will clean up any meaty left overs that you fish leave behind.

thanks for the info, imgoin to pick up a couple :thumbsup:

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:53 PM (#4) User is offline   scent troll 

• CPUSA
  • Group: Banned

like all snails they are low maint.

they are hearty to exist in a very populated tank. however keep them away from fish like cichlids that are large enough to fit them into their mouths.

otherwise these snails are very good cleaners. for a snail, they are also active. youll almost always see them on the move (all be it slow)
its certainly something interesting to add to the tank. and they can keep the uneaten debris in check as ksls said above.
Pfury changes forever 7/8/16
#revolution

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:35 PM (#5) User is offline   Yeges 

• Interested

I love assassin snails. I hope when we can get a tank up and running again that they will be one of our first additions. I've always had these snails in tanks because they really do do a good job of helping keep everything cleaner.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:38 PM (#6) User is offline   scent troll 

• CPUSA
  • Group: Banned

my ramhorn snails all died off after a few years just this week :(
but now that im back looking for more snails ive noticed the petshop i frequent has an entire tank full of assasins. going to pick 3, possibly 4 up this week.
snails really compliment my cichlids tank. good left over eater for between tank cleanings. and just all around enjoyable to watch
Pfury changes forever 7/8/16
#revolution

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language