Piranhas Forum banner

90 fowlr

6K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  redbellyman21 
#1 ·
filterage

heavy feeding reef tank and .25 ppm nitrates mmm!

#2 ·
Great setup
and all your fish look good

althought two points to make:
1) you will definetly need to upgrade to a bigger tank in the future. all those fish will outgrow a 90g.

2) id be carefuly keeping a puffer and CT with a lionfish. they can and will pik on him. it may not have happened yet but as they grow and space becomes less between them they will start. it be a shame to loose that gorgeous lion like that. mor ereason to upgrade

other than that great tank

#3 ·
DUDE dont I know it! thats why I upgraded the sump and have alll plans for larger filtration.. I have another overflow and pump setup that I will add to this guy when the right tank finds my way.. I have been able to remove a lot of the lr from the display which helps free up room for sure.. teh fish dont pick on each other anymore as I planned their timing and purchases quite well... I have a 150 in the works... just waiting for craigslist to match me with a tank..
That is something I will never be upset about!

#10 ·
gorgeous looking trigger. puffer is looking cute as always

#13 ·
those are some wicked mangroves. very healthy looking

#14 ·
TY I am ordering friday 20 black and 30 white propagules for some other tanks as well. I am building a pot to hold more propagules in the window and going to plumb a small rio pump into the pot and drain back.. basically a huge window ledge plant holder with flow to it. If you look at my 33 reef forum in this section you will see I am fan of crazy stuff since I have a 40 breeder and 30 long plumbed into my 33 reef for fun. I love mangroves!

#15 ·
so these will be my latest pics till the upgraded fwlr to the 135g I have a thread in saltwater discussion for any ont interested in the filtration design but here are updated pics of my fowlr technically 95 gallon not 90

Attachments

#16 ·
fish are looking healthy

#18 ·
you have an emp 400 sitting inside the sump? is it waterproof at the power supply?

#19 ·
that was there for a short period, I was having a phosphate issue and I wanted some carbon and phos remover slots easily... figured I have a graveyard of extra equipment might as well use some. Now the tank has a penguin 330 with LR (HOB style) and chaeto. but before it was definitely convenient.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.