Going on Vacation - Piranha-Fury Forums

Piranha-Fury Forums: Going on Vacation - Piranha-Fury Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Going on Vacation How long can my piranha survive Rate Topic: -----

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:50 PM (#1) User is offline    

  • Interested
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 13-January 06

I am going on vacation for about 10 days this friday. I plan on leaving 20 goldfish feeders in thee to tank with my black piranha. The problem is 20 usually don't last past teh second day. How long will he be able to survive without eating while I'm away?

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

  • Piranha-Fury.com



Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:59 PM (#2) User is offline   timmy 

  • Pygocentrus nattereri
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3673
  • Joined: 29-March 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:On the EARTH

View Postjaws55, on Mar 14 2006, 11:50 PM, said:

I am going on vacation for about 10 days this friday. I plan on leaving 20 goldfish feeders in thee to tank with my black piranha. The problem is 20 usually don't last past teh second day. How long will he be able to survive without eating while I'm away?



I wouldn't leave godl fish in the tank, one wrong move and your tank could be a disaster. Have a neighbor feed them!
I love you guys!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:16 PM (#3) User is offline   2PiRaNhA~2FuRrY 

  • LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8988
  • Joined: 31-October 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LaOs

View Posttimmy, on Mar 14 2006, 04:59 PM, said:

View Postjaws55, on Mar 14 2006, 11:50 PM, said:

I am going on vacation for about 10 days this friday. I plan on leaving 20 goldfish feeders in thee to tank with my black piranha. The problem is 20 usually don't last past teh second day. How long will he be able to survive without eating while I'm away?



I wouldn't leave godl fish in the tank, one wrong move and your tank could be a disaster. Have a neighbor feed them!

Timmy you are absolutely right! :(
Member of the Month, January 2007Posted Image

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:54 PM (#4) User is offline    

  • Institutionalized
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation
  • Posts: 1520
  • Joined: 13-November 05

10 days
id put 50-100 golds in there depending on tank size and amount of Ps
when i was 15 i had 2 reds in a 55
i used to feedem every 7- 10 days
100 goldfish per feeding
was a bare bottom tank
at the end the bottom wasnt bare
it looked like a bone yard
thats should cover you for like 5 days
they will be nice and hungry when you get home
staten island ny
you better be careful of wich nieghbor you ask
10,000 per fish in newyork is the max fine

This post has been edited by Hemi: 14 March 2006 - 07:57 PM


Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:40 PM (#5) User is offline   Ex0dus 

  • Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation
  • Posts: 6979
  • Joined: 29-June 05
  • Current Piranhas: 3x 7"-10" S. geryi, 7" S. irritans, 6" S. iritans, 3.5" S. irritans, 5.5" S. manueli, 4" S. spilo, 4" S. marginatus

1 piece of uneaten goldfish in that tank water and your asking for a world of trouble.
How bout you fatten him BEFORE you go and dont feed him for 10days while your gone. How big is he? If hes more than a few inches I wouldnt worry about it. Ive had fish go almost an entire month.
R.I.P. - RIP
/I spam, therefore I am

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:29 PM (#6) User is offline    

  • Obsessed
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation
  • Posts: 531
  • Joined: 30-December 05

If there is nothing else in the tank don't worry. What i'm doing while i'm on vacation is i have an auto feeder hooked up to give bio gold medium pellets twice a day, and I'm having my neighbor feed a little less then what I used to feed. Hopefully my blue johanni will survive without me being there but i'm not to worried............

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:18 AM (#7) User is offline   timmy 

  • Pygocentrus nattereri
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3673
  • Joined: 29-March 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:On the EARTH

View PostHemi, on Mar 15 2006, 12:54 AM, said:

10 days
id put 50-100 golds in there depending on tank size and amount of Ps
when i was 15 i had 2 reds in a 55
i used to feedem every 7- 10 days
100 goldfish per feeding
was a bare bottom tank
at the end the bottom wasnt bare
it looked like a bone yard
thats should cover you for like 5 days
they will be nice and hungry when you get home
staten island ny
you better be careful of wich nieghbor you ask
10,000 per fish in newyork is the max fine



Thats is most obsured thing i have every read :rockon:
I love you guys!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:28 AM (#8) User is offline   piranha_guy_dan 

  • Frontosa King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10234
  • Joined: 03-October 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:oshawa ontario
  • Interests:piranha's, my g/f, family,friends,my car,fishing,hockey,toronto maple leafs

trust me here ok.............

it will be fine for 10 days of not eatting. they can go much longer. dont leave ANY food or "feeders" in th tank. you wont be there to change the water and the waste goldfish produce is ALOT!!!!! also if the rhom doesnt finish his meal or any of the goldfish happen to die it will rot in the water spiking the amonia which in turn will kill off more goldfish and rot more and more and will also kill your RHOM!!!!!!!!

leave 0 fish in the tank with the rhom.

if you think he MUST be fed then get someone to feed him ONCE about the 5th day mark. and make sure they dont over feed and leave in the rest of the un eatten food to rot in the tank.

i also suggest a water chang the day before you leave and the day you come back. about 30-35% water change.

but for god sakes DONT LEAVE ANY FEEDERS IN THERE.

i dont look forward to seeing any dead rhom pics when you arrive home.
75 18 F1 kitumba zaire frontosa
110 9 Cape nangu frontosa 2 males 7 females
160 12 inch moba male, 5 nangu males, 2 kitumba and 1 burundi (all Frontosa)
Posted Image Posted Image
Canadian Tanganyikan Cichlids


Quote

QUOTE(PinKragon @ Feb 23 2007, 02:52 AM)
To realize the value of having small boobies....ask me

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:04 AM (#9) User is offline    

  • Interested
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 13-January 06

I would have a neighbor feed him but the problem is I'm up at college and nobody will be here to feed him until i get back from spring break, the and 25th I am leaving the 17th thursday he just ate about 25 feeders this past week.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:34 AM (#10) User is offline    

  • Obsessed
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation
  • Posts: 823
  • Joined: 12-December 05

View Postjaws55, on Mar 15 2006, 02:04 AM, said:

I would have a neighbor feed him but the problem is I'm up at college and nobody will be here to feed him until i get back from spring break, the and 25th I am leaving the 17th thursday he just ate about 25 feeders this past week.


Go easy on the feeders bro, also don't worry about leave. i'm sure he'll be fine by the time you get back.

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:55 AM (#11) User is offline    

  • Obsessed
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation
  • Posts: 585
  • Joined: 16-April 05

a couple of weeks for without food is absolutly not a problem for a healthy black piranha.

iv dont it myself and when i got back my rhom never even missed me ( booo hooo)

half eaten gold fish sitting in your tank will kill that piranha much much quicker than an empty belly

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:48 PM (#12) User is offline   furious piranha 

  • Psychotic
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2426
  • Joined: 21-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springfield, Pennsylvania

you can leave a solitary fish for 10 days w/o feeding it, it will be fine. Just feed it a big mile right be4 u leave

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:38 AM (#13) User is offline   kironsmith 

  • Interested
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 14-November 16

With the winter holidays fast approaching, it's time to start planning your cold weather getaway. But this time, rather than taking advice from friends or travel guides and ending up in the same overhyped destinations, why not dare to be different and head out into uncharted tourist territory? To help you start planning,you must go to Polo Beach ,there is commendable Makena Condos,hotels,beach.Really nice place to visit and spend weekened.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language