Vince.v's Fish (View original topic)



scent troll

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

props to vince.v for sharing his amazing collection! truly amazing fish :bowdown:


Red Indonesian Arowana.
Posted Image


Caribe
Posted Image


polypterus.
Posted Image[/quote]

Da' Manster!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Awesome collection!... :cheers:

Marshall1391

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

those bottom ones look a bit nuts...

RayW

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Nice Fish! glad to see the Caribe looking better

vince.v

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostDa, on 06 August 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Awesome collection!... :cheers:


Thanks bro...theres more haha,but i've cut down on my keeping.Traded some of them or sold to more equipt keepers.Mind if i add more pic's of what i had here?

vince.v

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

View PostMarshall1391, on 06 August 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

those bottom ones look a bit nuts...


Haha...they are my tank cleaners,polypterus are great fish and easy to keep.Armoured with tough granoid scales,like dinosaurs period fish and very very hardy. :cheers:

View PostRayW, on 06 August 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

Nice Fish! glad to see the Caribe looking better


Thanks bro...they are ONE tought fish.

Da' Manster!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

View Postvince.v, on 07 August 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

View PostDa, on 06 August 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Awesome collection!... :cheers:


Thanks bro...theres more haha,but i've cut down on my keeping.Traded some of them or sold to more equipt keepers.Mind if i add more pic's of what i had here?



not at all!...go for it and thanks for sharing!... :thumbsup:

vince.v

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

Hi guys,this is some of my fish collection in the past and presents.Just sharing for fun...fish keeping has been one of my long kept hobby and im learning from day to day.Its fun,relaxing and challenging to own different species of fish as all of them have their own characteristics and never stopped to amuse me.Here are some of my pic's -

My two Asian Arowana flaring for fights.
Posted Image

My little polypterus gulping a feeder carp.
Posted Image

Another Asian Arowana with its tankmates (Emperor Red Hook,Silver Dollar,Tinfoil Barbs & American Flagtail)
Posted Image

Another shot of my Asian Arowana with a frog in his mouth.A clearer pic of its tankmates.
Posted Image

Siamese Northern Tiger and Asian Arowana in a territorial fight.
Posted Image

Teacup Ray.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Motoro Rays & its pups.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for checking this thread.Cheers everyone,i hope you like it.

Regards,
Vince.

View PostDa, on 07 August 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

View Postvince.v, on 07 August 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

View PostDa, on 06 August 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Awesome collection!... :cheers:


Thanks bro :)

Thanks bro...theres more haha,but i've cut down on my keeping.Traded some of them or sold to more equipt keepers.Mind if i add more pic's of what i had here?



not at all!...go for it and thanks for sharing!... :thumbsup:

scent troll

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

holy jesus vince :drool:
im speechless ...like literally speechless lol

vince.v

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Thanks bro...its fun to see them everyday and takes my mind away from days work.

Da' Manster!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Very Impressive!... :clapping:

scent troll

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Postvince.v, on 07 August 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Thanks bro...its fun to see them everyday and takes my mind away from days work.

this is exactly what i feel as well. you have a zoo-worthy setup though. im happy with a 30 gallon tank, id be blown away to have those fish

vince.v

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Its just a small collection bro's..Thanks for the compliments :)

scent troll

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

every time i look at your pictures im blown away...that arowana with the frog in its mouth :blink:
epic man....just epic

Da' Manster!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Those rays aren't too bad either!... :thumbsup:

vince.v

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostOcellatus2000, on 13 August 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

every time i look at your pictures im blown away...that arowana with the frog in its mouth :blink:
epic man....just epic


Lol,thanks for the compliments bro...i had to choose a bigger than normal sized frog to get pics like this,smaller size frogs goes down his throat before i can grab my camera.

View PostDa, on 14 August 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

Those rays aren't too bad either!... :thumbsup:


Thanks bro...the teacup ray is my favourite.They dont grow too big and just nice for a 150gal tank.Price wise...acceptable and not overpriced.You should try keeping one...they're cute,smart and friendly.

Da' Manster!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

I was thinking about getting some bullfrogs that my LFS had....Mean and aggressive bastards!...very cheap and inexpensive to take care of...He feeds them one mice a week and crickets as a treat!...they only need like an inch of water but you have to clean and change it every day.

vince.v

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

Bro...Bullfrogs poop are is disgusting :p

Da' Manster!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

yeah, that is what I heard!... ;)

scent troll

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

had a bullfrog when i was a teen for a few months. boring ass pet. all they do is sit there and chill. yeah they eat but the idea of having one is much funner then actually having one. just like turtles lol

they are cool animals but ill stick to coming across one now and again when i hike.

Da' Manster!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

yeah, I kind of figured they would be boring...thanks, you guys just talked me out of it!...this guy also has huge ass pythons in his back room!...this one python is like 15 ft long and kept in a 180 gallon tank!...he feeds it one large guinea pig or a live chicken every two weeks!

vince.v

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostDa, on 16 August 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

yeah, I kind of figured they would be boring...thanks, you guys just talked me out of it!...this guy also has huge ass pythons in his back room!...this one python is like 15 ft long and kept in a 180 gallon tank!...he feeds it one large guinea pig or a live chicken every two weeks!


Get those tree pythons bro...they wont get too huge.

Posted Image

Da' Manster!

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

that is one sick looking python!...I love that green color!... :cheers:

vince.v

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostDa, on 17 August 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

that is one sick looking python!...I love that green color!... :cheers:


They're much more beautiful when young...quite rare tbh.

View PostDa, on 17 August 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

that is one sick looking python!...I love that green color!... :cheers:


They're much more beautiful when young...quite rare tbh.

Marshall1391

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

View Postvince.v, on 07 August 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

View PostMarshall1391, on 06 August 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

those bottom ones look a bit nuts...


Haha...they are my tank cleaners,polypterus are great fish and easy to keep.Armoured with tough granoid scales,like dinosaurs period fish and very very hardy. :cheers:



can these be kept well with pygo's then??

vince.v

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

View PostMarshall1391, on 19 August 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

View Postvince.v, on 07 August 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

View PostMarshall1391, on 06 August 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

those bottom ones look a bit nuts...


Haha...they are my tank cleaners,polypterus are great fish and easy to keep.Armoured with tough granoid scales,like dinosaurs period fish and very very hardy. :cheers:



can these be kept well with pygo's then??


Im not sure bout this bro...polypterus has hard scales but not their fins tho,maybe a larger ones can be kept together with P's.