Forum Terms & Rules
PLEASE READ -- IMPORTANT MEMBER ACTIVATION INFORMATION!!!
In our efforts to keep spam off of the forum, we have started using a new activation process which involves Moderator approval for all first posts made by new members. After you have registered, go ahead and start a new topic in the Introduction Forum or post anywhere else on the site and a Moderator will approve your post and make it visible to all the members of the forum. Someone from the staff should be logged on the majority of the time, so the delay between your initial posting and it being approved should be minimal -- Once your first post has been approved, you will have access to the full features of the site.
1. Treat ALL MEMBERS with RESPECT. This includes but is not limited to:
* Harassment (including PM)
* Insults (provoked or not)
2. No pictures or direct URL links displaying nudity, sexually suggestive images, or gore.
* This goes for ALL IMAGES posted to the site (i.e. avatars, signatures, posted images, gallery images, etc.)
-Nudity and near nudity
-Exposed or partially covered breasts
3. Excessive use of profanity.
* Attempts to repeatedly subvert the swear filter
* Use of profanity while breaking rule #1.
4. No RACIST, SEXIST, HOMOPHOBIC, or RELIGIOUSLY OFFENSIVE remarks or images.
5. No posts or images that promote the sale, distribution, or manufacturing of DRUGS.
6. Maintain good conduct while posting.
* Do not spam the site. A member is "spamming" when they purposefully and repeatedly post items that individually hold little or no value to the thread.
* Do not purposefully derail threads. "Derailing" a thread is defined when a member purposefully or repeatedly attempts to post items unrelated to the topic title.
7. NO unsolicited advertisements.
* No advertising commercial businesses or forums through posts, PM, signature images, gallery images, etc.
* Receive authorization for postings from Michael Baker (Xenon,email@example.com) or Jeff Concannan (Grosse Gurke)
8. Maintain only ONE username per individual.
* Request username changes through Xenon.
* Impersonation of another individual is not allowed.
9. Abide by all posted rules around the use of the MEMBER CLASSIFIEDS forum. Those rules can be found at the following link:
10. Maintain SIGNATURES according to the following rules:
* 8 lines of text max (this excludes honorary titles such as "Picture of the Month winner" or "Member of the Month)
* Signature images and text must comply with all rules above
* Text links to private websites are allowed.
* The display of image banners to private websites requires permission from Piranha-Fury staff.
* Other images must be no larger than 468x60 pixels, 50 kB in bytesize
11. When a rule is broken, click the "REPORT POST TO MODERATOR" link at the bottom of the specific post.
* This will email all the moderators of the forum and bring the incident to our attention.
Piranha-Fury staff reserves the right to enforce the above rules at our discretion. Each incident will be analyzed for its severity, impact, and the offenders past warn history.
* For incidents considered LOW severity where the member has shown NO PAST HISTORY of rule violations in the warning log,
the member will receive a warning through PM and a 1 day posting suspension.
- For a second violation, the member will receive a warning through PM and a 3 day posting suspension.
- After a third violation, the member will receive a warning through PM and up to a 1 week loss of access to all areas
of the site except the Suspended Members Forum (See "Arbitration Process" below).
- Any rule violations after the third warning will result in a loss of access to all
areas of the site except the Suspended Members Forum for an indeterminate amount of time
(See "Arbitration Process" below).
- All warnings/suspensions are recorded in the members warn history log which
can be viewed by Piranha-Fury.com staff only.
* For incidents with a HIGH severity where the member has shown NO PAST HISTORY of rule violations, Piranha-Fury.com staff reserves the right to temporarily prohibit the member from creating or responding to a discussion or accessing the forum (through the use of the Suspended Members Forum) for an indeterminate amount of time.
* For incidents with a HIGH severity where the member has shown PAST HISTORY of rule violations, Piranha-Fury.com staff reserves the right to permanently banish and disable the member account.
Piranha-Fury.com staff reserves the right to temporarily prohibit a member from creating or responding to a discussion or accessing the forum through the use of the Suspended Members Forum. The goals of the Suspended Members forum are the following:
* Give Piranha-Fury.com staff an opportunity to communicate their understanding of the offense.
* Give Piranha-Fury.com staff an opportunity to communicate their expectations for proper board conduct relating to the established rules.
* Give the "suspended member" an opportunity to communicate any problems or situations that may have that led to the offense.
* Have Piranha-Fury.com staff and the "suspended member" come to an agreement on forum conduct after suspension.
These rules enable every user here to assist in keeping Piranha-Fury.com positive and welcoming, while forcing the users that don't seem to share these ideals to either become a positive member of this community or find another place to post.