Piranha-Fury Forums: What Is The Best Food To Feed Your Fish?(no Thiaminase) - Piranha-Fury Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Is The Best Food To Feed Your Fish?(no Thiaminase) Rate Topic: -----

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:54 AM (#1) User is offline   1rhom 

• Obsessed
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Piranhas,watches,cars, martial arts and best of all.....being a dad!!!
  • Current Piranhas: 7.5" RHOMBEUS FROM RIO NANAY PERU.

Thought i'd start a thread to see what everyone thinks is best for piranhas.
I feed my rhom mostly krill,cons,molly,silversides,tilapia.Frozen food gets soaked in vitachem for 1hr before feeding.

This post has been edited by 1rhom: 12 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

• Piranha-Fury.com

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:55 AM (#2) User is offline   bricklr 

• Addicted
  • Interests:PIRANHAS & MARINE FISH
  • Current Piranhas: ARGENTINE MAC 8"/ BLUE DIAMOND RHOMB 8" / BLACK MASK ELONG 7"/ PURPLE SANCH 6"/ ALTUVIE/COMP? 6"

I've always figured a varied diet is the way to go. As far as fattening them up quickly...Alaska Pollock works the best. Just my opinion though.
nunya fukin business

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:56 PM (#3) User is offline   RuthlessCarnage 

• Infatuated
  • View gallery
  • Current Piranhas: 6" Serrasalmus Compressus, 9" Pygocentrus Ternetzi, 3 2-3" Macs

Pellets Hikari to NLS, White Fish anything from Tilapia to Catfish, Frozen krill, night crawlers for protein, ghost shrimp for live feedings, Pellets have a lot of essential ingredients that other foods do not have though IMO.

This post has been edited by RuthlessCarnage: 12 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

Posted Image
Posted Imagex1
Posted Imagex1
Posted Imagex3

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:14 PM (#4) User is offline   Domelotta 

• Addicted
  • Current Piranhas: 1x Ternetzi 10+", 2x Caribe 8-9", 1x Red 7.5"

I vary what I feed. I use tilapia drenched in vitachem as a staple. Then I use scallops as a treat as well as the occasional beef heart. Every so often I switch the tilapia with catfish so they don't get tired of the same old food because sometimes they are picky eaters. As long as I vary feeding times and types of food they usually devour anything I put in the tank. I use pellets sometimes, but since they poop a lot of the pellets out I don't do too much. If anything I just pack a couple pellets in the fish fillet. Shrimp, despite having thiaminase...i guess...seemed to give me good results when it was my staple.
Posted Image x1
Posted Image x2
Posted Image x1
Posted Image
Posted Image (P) Picture of the Month, August 2008

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:09 PM (#5) User is offline   Piranha Dan 

• Ex-PFury Member Since 9/24/2011
  • Interests:Staying As Far Away From This Site As Possible

I feed mostly white fish (Tilapia, Haddock, Catfish etc), sometimes raw shrimp (shell on), along with the occasional handful of crickets or a few crayfish if they're cheap.
\Grabs Microphone

F*ck You, F*ck You, F*ck You, You're Cool, And F*ck You I'm Out!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:21 PM (#6) User is offline   Tropicalfishauction 

• Captivated
  • Interests:Tropical Fish

View Postbricklr, on 12 October 2010 - 08:55 AM, said:

I've always figured a varied diet is the way to go. As far as fattening them up quickly...Alaska Pollock works the best. Just my opinion though.

I got to try that.
"The misfortune of one is the fortune of another there is no evil here only good. That which seems cruel or savage is simply an efficient form of beauty. Without which there can be no hope for balance."

The piranha species is known for its aggression, which for some enthusiasts is the whole point (apparently, it’s fun to watch a big fish quickly turn live bait into a bloody pulp).

“the most ferocious fish in the world” that will “rend and devour alive any wounded man or beast; for blood in the water excites them to madness.” “the embodiment of evil ferocity; and the actions of the fish exactly match its looks.” - Theodore Roosevelt, Through the Brazilian Wilderness

TropicalFishAuction.com
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Serrasalmus spilopleura keeper

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:11 AM (#7) User is offline   ReDraGon-> 

• Psychotic
  • Interests:125 gal. 5 4-7 inch KiLLa ReDz <br /><br />60 gal. 7inch KiLLa RHoM

wow u guys really treat ur Ps..i usually fed my reds cichlid pellets on the reg and throw in a treat like a feeder {from my Quarantined feeding tank} or some shrimp {shell on}....but from what i see ..what u r feeding them is very good .

I just like to use the pellets cause its less mess and it keeps the water clarity clear...ive found that when i throw in a bunch of different protiens{meat} that my water tends to spike on ammonia for the next day or so...
180gal- 6, 6"-9" in KiLLa ReDz , 8"in sailfin pleco , 3"in Tern
10gal-5"in sanchezi
5 1/2gal- 4"in Blue Crawfish / GoldFish MoTeL

Video of an 7.5 in albino oscar vs My Killa ReDz CLICK THIS!!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language