Piranha-Fury Forums: Red High Fin Wolf Fish - Piranha-Fury Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Red High Fin Wolf Fish Info? Rate Topic: -----

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:09 PM (#1) User is offline   Spaceman Spiff 

• Obsessed
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation
  • Interests:Sports.. Soccer, Rugby, Hockey and Squash.<br />Music.. Led Zeppelin, RHCP, Wolfmother <br />Fish, Reptiles, Snakes, pretty much all animals.

I recently talked my mom into letting me buy another aquarium.
So, I stumbled upon these guys, and they seem pretty cool, and not too hard to acquire.
I haven't been able to find a hell of a lot of information on these guys, so any info you guys have would be great.

I'm getting a 55, and I originally wanted a Dwarf Snakehead or 2, but I can't find them anywhere.
So if you know where in Canada I could find one of them, that would also be greatly appreciated.

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

• Piranha-Fury.com

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:07 PM (#2) User is offline   Matty125 

• Fanatic
  • Group: Members

View PostSpaceman Spiff, on May 24 2006, 04:09 PM, said:

I recently talked my mom into letting me buy another aquarium.
So, I stumbled upon these guys, and they seem pretty cool, and not too hard to acquire.
I haven't been able to find a hell of a lot of information on these guys, so any info you guys have would be great.

I'm getting a 55, and I originally wanted a Dwarf Snakehead or 2, but I can't find them anywhere.
So if you know where in Canada I could find one of them, that would also be greatly appreciated.

The wolf or the snakeheads? I have seen both at bigals montearal (thats where I got mine) from time to time and you could prob order them if they do not have them in stock. I know you live in Laberdor and I have no idea where the closestbig als is from their but look in every LFS and make a deal that you will buy your 55 gal from them if they order u a snakehead or a wolf fish.
Alot of empty tanks
125 gal 1.6' Red snakehead "Tigger"

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:25 PM (#3) User is offline   lewis 

• Fanatic

Go for wolf had both wolf much more personable. Heres mine. Got him at 3" had him living with small cichlids but started killing them. Easy to keep grow around 9" should be kept alone.

Attached File(s)

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:26 PM (#4) User is offline   Spaceman Spiff 

• Obsessed
  • Interests:Sports.. Soccer, Rugby, Hockey and Squash.<br />Music.. Led Zeppelin, RHCP, Wolfmother <br />Fish, Reptiles, Snakes, pretty much all animals.

I'll try with the stores around here I guess, I was hoping there was an online site that had them, it'd be way easier, and I hate having to deal with pet store employees. I even emailed Cichlid City, the only one I know of in Canada, and they don't get the snakeheads and they don't have any wolf fish.

He's cool Lewis. I really want one now. How much did you pay for him?

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:55 PM (#5) User is offline   Matty125 

• Fanatic

View PostSpaceman Spiff, on May 24 2006, 06:26 PM, said:

I'll try with the stores around here I guess, I was hoping there was an online site that had them, it'd be way easier, and I hate having to deal with pet store employees. I even emailed Cichlid City, the only one I know of in Canada, and they don't get the snakeheads and they don't have any wolf fish.

He's cool Lewis. I really want one now. How much did you pay for him?

LOL, dude I work at a pet store, I know what you mean though I had the samw troble when I went looking for a 125 gal. One pet store try to srew me over but I just gave them sh*t and left, but bigals was very nice they answered all my qustions and they gave me 35$ for my 8 small exos and my 5 gaint danios (which was more that I payed) this was on the condition however that I uy the tank and a cover, just remember you have to speak with the manger salespeople cannot do anything with deals and such and remember some pet store mangers have commistion (not all) compared to the sales people which have none so a big sale means alot more to mangers than a sales person oh and do alot of shopping around befor buying I same my slef over 110$ on the 125 gal, stand and a jardini aro just buy going to different stores. Anothe piece of advice try to become friendly with the pet store you will be dealing with in the futur this helps alot down the road because the ppl their get to know you and if you ever need to order a rare fish or need a bigger tank or somthing they can help you alot more than if you always go to different places where the ppl do not know u very well.(belive me I have seen this happen more than once. I hope this helps :brow:
Alot of empty tanks
125 gal 1.6' Red snakehead "Tigger"

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:27 AM (#6) User is offline   Spaceman Spiff 

• Obsessed

If I had the money to buy it in a Store, I'd do that. But I'm buying one second hand for 75$ or so. A 55 here would sell for ... a couple hundred for sure brand new. I have... maybe 40$ at the moment.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:37 PM (#7) User is offline   lewis 

• Fanatic

Around £20 so about $35 worth every penny.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:54 PM (#8) User is offline   Spaceman Spiff 

• Obsessed

Sweet.
I'll talk to the smaller pet stores around here, I think two of them will order stuff for you. So hopefully I can convince one of them to order the Wolf Fish for me. Chances are it will be a bit more expensive, but as long as it's not over 100, I can come up with the money.
I guess I'll just go get the tank now.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:21 AM (#9) User is offline   Dawgz 

• Caribe > Any Other Piranha

these wolf fish (redline) are pretty crazy!, pedro has one that ive wanted for a while now, that wolf fish is a finger chaser no doubt! eats right away too...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image X 1 (14")

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language